How a Packaged System Works
- Packaged units are all-in-one systems that supply both cooling and heating equipment in one "package." These units sit on the ground or rooftop outside of your home or business.
- Packaged units come in three forms:
- Packaged heat pumps offer heating and cooling using heat pump technology.
- Packaged air conditioners cool your home and can heat it as well, using electrical strip heat.
- Packaged gas-electric units offer all-in-one air conditioning and natural gas-powered furnace performance.
- Space efficiency – Unlike split-system units, all components of a complete heating and cooling system are contained in one location, making packaged units ideal for situations in which indoor space is at a premium.
- Energy-efficient heating and cooling performance – All Goodman® brand packaged units offer 13 SEER or higher cooling performance. Our packaged gas/electric units offer 80% AFUE heating performance, as well.