Indoor Heating & Cooling Systems Envied by Mother Nature
With regard to indoor comfort, every homeowner wants their HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) system to provide the perfect balance of optimum temperature control, enhanced indoor air quality, and maximum energy savings, coupled with dependable and reliable operation. And, today more and more homeowners want their HVAC system to be environmentally friendly or defined as ‘green’.
As a leading HVAC manufacturer, everyone associated with Goodman heating and cooling products shares the same quality, comfort, economical, and environmental goals as homeowners. Since the first day of operation, the folks at the Goodman brand have been focused on building high-quality heating and cooling products that deliver outstanding comfort, money-saving efficiency ratings, and durable systems that are refreshingly affordable. As a result, millions and millions of homeowners say “Thank Goodness for Goodman”.
Pursuing an agenda to implement manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable, Goodman Global, Inc., achieved the coveted ISO 14001:2004 accreditation from independent certifier, Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
ISO 14000 is a family of internationally recognized standards for environmental management systems.These standards are developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which has representation from committees all over the world.
The ISO 14000 family includes most notably the ISO 14001 standard, which represents the core set of standards used by organizations for designing and implementing an effective environmental management system.
The ISO 9000 family of standards represents an international consensus on good quality management practices. It consists of standards and guidelines relating to quality management systems and related supporting standards. Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P., received ISO 9001:2008 certification in 2007.
ISO 9000 is maintained by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies.
Today any central air conditioner or heat pump manufactured in North America must contain R-410A refrigerant if the unit is charged during the manufacturing process. The refrigerant, R-410A, was developed in response to an agreement between numerous countries (known as the Montreal Protocol) that stated that those countries from around the world would move toward discontinuing the use of hydrochlorofluorocarbon-based (HCFC) refrigerants. HCFCs are widely accepted to be ozone-depleting chemical compounds. R-410A refrigerant a non-HCFC-based refrigerant is chlorine free.
The entire Goodman brand of central air conditioners and heat pumps utilize R-410A refrigerant. In addition, several Goodman brand air conditioners and heat pumps feature a SmartCoil® 5mm copper tube condensing coil. Compared to the standard 3/8’s inch copper tubing, the SmartCoil allows for fewer pounds of refrigerant to be used in each unit. Because of the smaller tubing size, Goodman SmartCoil units are smaller in size compared to 3/8" tubing units.
Environmental, Health, & Safety Policy Statement
At Goodman, we are resolutely committed to the protection of our employees, those with whom we interact, and the environment. In this regard, Goodman will continue to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental, health, and safety regulatory requirements
- Establish goals to promote continual improvement in workplace safety and environmental stewardship
- Demonstrate our commitment through active and visible involvement and support of all environmental, health, and safety initiatives throughout the organization
- Recognize employees, contractors, and vendors for their support of our environmental, health, and safety goals and initiatives
- Empower employees to elevate environmental, health, and safety concerns to senior management levels if needed
- Set job expectations and assign accountability to all employees, contractors, and vendors for the ongoing support of, and compliance with our environmental, health, and safety initiatives
- Support environmental, health, and safety programs by supplying appropriate resources as necessary to ensure ongoing maintenance and continual improvement
- Provide appropriate training and information to all relevant parties to ensure environmental, and safety goals are met
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure environmental, health, and safety program initiatives are current and compliant
Goodman Global Group, Inc. is firmly ommitted to the protection of our employees, neighbors, the environment and the prevention of pollution. Through our ongoing and collective efforts, we will continue to advance these values.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Goodman Global Group, Inc.